I am ALL about fall right now. I decorated our apartment with mini pumpkins. I pushed all my sundresses to the back of the closet and pulled out my new boots. I'm planning a scenic drive for A and me around western Pennsylvania so that we can see all the beautiful leaves.
But I am not ready to say goodbye to ice cream.
What flavors make you think of fall? Cinnamon is a pretty obvious choice, but over the past few years I've become obsessed with cardamom. This ice cream is so simple - I just took my favorite ice cream base and added some ground cardamom - and it's a perfectly good excuse to keep eating ice cream even though temperatures are dipping.Print
Cardamom Ice Cream
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. ground cardamom
- Freeze the canister of your ice cream maker overnight.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Whisk in the sugar a little bit at a time, then whisk for 1 minute once all the sugar is added. Add the cream, milk, vanilla, and cardamom and whisk until combined.
- Assemble your ice cream maker with the pre-chilled canister. Add the ice cream mixture to the canister of the ice cream maker and churn according to your ice cream maker's directions.
- If not eating immediately, transfer the ice cream to a loaf pan, cover with foil, and store in the freezer.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade ice cream, cardamom
Leave a Comment