These fudgy chocolate brownies are the ultimate homemade brownies! Made with chopped chocolate AND cocoa powder, nothing beats their thick, fudgy texture and rich chocolate flavor! Best of all, this easy, one-bowl brownies recipe takes less than an hour to bake from start to finish (with only 15 minutes on hands-on time)!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate baking bar, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 T brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. espresso powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8"x8" metal baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a slight overhang so that you can easily pull the baked brownies out of the pan using the parchment paper. Set the pan aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments. Whisk until smooth. Add both sugars and whisk until combined. Add vanilla and eggs and whisk until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder and salt and fold into the sugar mixture. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. The tops should appear shiny and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out with a few moist crumbs but no raw batter. Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before removing them by lifting up on the edges of the parchment paper. Slice into 16 squares.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
To freeze brownies, wrap the baked and (completely!) cooled brownies in aluminum foil and place inside an airtight plastic bag or container before freezing for up to 5 months.
You can also double this recipe and bake the brownies in a 9"x13" pan. To do this, double the amount of all ingredients and add about 5 minutes to the baking time (for a total bake time of 35-39 minutes. Once cooled, slice and serve.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: brownies, chocolate, fudgy brownies, easy brownie recipe, one-bowl brownie recipe