Buttermilk biscuits are a must for weekend brunch! All you need are 6 ingredients and 30 minutes to make these buttery, soft, and flaky buttermilk biscuits from scratch. This quick and easy biscuit recipe makes a small batch of just 6 delicious, homemade biscuits.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup (4 T) unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Slice the cold butter into cubes and cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry blender until a crumbly dough forms. Add the buttermilk slowly and stir until the dough becomes moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough gently a few times. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Dip the edges of a 2 1/2 inch circle cutter in flour, then use it to cut the dough into circles. Re-roll the remaining dough to cut additional biscuits.
- Place the biscuit dough circles in a cast iron skillet or close together on a a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until the edges are slightly golden, about 15 minutes.
- Place the biscuits on a wire rack to cool. Serve warm with the toppings of your choice.
Keywords: buttermilk biscuits, homemade biscuits, small batch biscuits, flaky buttermilk biscuits, easy buttermilk biscuits