There's a lot to love about these pumpkin spice donut muffins! Baked with real pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices and coated with cinnamon sugar, they're packed with delicious fall flavor. Plus they're quick and easy to make and bake in a muffin pan (recipe includes instructions for both regular-sized or mini muffins)!
Is anyone else a big fan of breakfast treats that can pull double duty dessert, or is that just me? Because believe me when I tell you that no one would be disappointed if you served these pumpkin spice donut muffins for dessert!
These donut muffins combine some of fall's best flavors - real pumpkin, pumpkin pie spices, and a generous coating of cinnamon sugar - into one deliciously simple fall treat. They're soft and moist, like your favorite cake donut, but, unlike donuts, they're quick and easy to make. AND they're baked in a muffin pan (regular-sized or mini, you choose!), so there's no special equipment necessary. You don't even need to pull out your stand mixer; just a couple of bowls, and whisk, and a wooden spoon will do!
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Donut Muffins from Scratch (Quick & Easy!)
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice), and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin purée, brown sugar, milk, egg white, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir just until combined, being careful not to over mix the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin wells in a greased muffin pan. You can use either a regular-sized or mini muffin pan for this recipe, and I've included bake times for each within the recipe.
- Bake the donut muffins until they become domed on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar coating by melting butter in a small, heat-safe bowl. In another small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Working one at a time, dip each donut muffin in the butter, coating all sides and allowing excess butter to drip off, then roll each donut muffin in the cinnamon sugar mixture, once again coating all sides.
Love these pumpkin spice donut muffins? Leave a review and be sure to check out these other easy fall recipes!Print