Happy Cinco de Mayo! In my book Cinco de Mayo tops all other holidays (yes, even Thanksgiving) as the best food and drink day of the year! Here's a deliciously classic margarita recipe to help you celebrate in style.
More Cocktail Recipes
Love this recipe? Please leave a star rating and review on the recipe below! And don't forget to subscribe to Always Eat Dessert for even more simple recipes, baking tips, and inspiration.
Classic and Sweet Margarita
A classic margarita recipe with a hint of added sweetness that's served on the rocks and easy to make at home. This recipe makes just one cocktail but can be easily multiplied to create as many servings as needed.Print Pin Rate
Yield: 1 cocktail (can be easily multiplied)
- Cocktail shaker
- granulated sugar, for coating rim of glass
- ice cubes
- 1 ½ ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ ounces silver tequila
- ¾ ounce triple sec
- ½ ounce agave syrup
- 1 lime wedge
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of a glass and then dip the rim onto a plate covered with sugar to coat.
- Fill glass with ice cubes.
- Add the lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and agave syrup to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until well blended.
- Pour cocktail into glass with ice and enjoy!
If sweet cocktails aren't your thing, use just ¼ ounce of agave syrup and coat the rim of your glass with salt instead of sugar to create a truly classic margarita on the rocks.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 0.2g | Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.02g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.03g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.1mg
Made myself one tonight all I can say is: so simple and so good! I’m not a salt person on my marg so this is perfect for me. Will definitely make again/recommend!