Is there anything more indulgent than rich, creamy chocolate truffles? With chocolate ganache, a bit of Bailey's Irish cream, and a dusting of cocoa powder, this recipe for Irish cream chocolate truffles is perfect for St. Patrick's Day - or anytime you're craving a sophisticated sweet treat. Best of all, they're a surprisingly quick and easy no bake dessert that requires just 4 ingredients!
I remember eating chocolate truffles as a kid and thinking that there was nothing better than these little spheres of creamy chocolate. The fact that we never had them outside of certain holidays and special occasions made them all the more wondrous. They were such a treat!
Now that I'm an adult, I'm still pretty convinced that not much else comes close to the rich decadence of fine chocolate truffles. So you can imagine my astonishment when I realized how simple it is to make chocolate truffles from scratch at home!
You need just a few ingredients to make your own homemade chocolate truffles. Here I've added a splash of Irish cream to make Irish Cream Chocolate Truffles! They have that little something extra to truly make them over-the-top delicious! They're a perfect dessert for St. Patrick's Day, but since their flavor doesn't scream "kiss me, I'm Irish" you can feel free to enjoy them any time of the year.
Here's everything you'll need:
- Semisweet Chocolate - We're talking about the good stuff here. I used two Ghirardelli baking bars to make this recipe, and I recommend that you use premium quality chocolate, since this is what will give your truffles the best flavor. Avoid using chocolate chips; they won't provide the creamy texture we're aiming for.
- Heavy Cream - For melting the chocolate and creating perfect creaminess.
- Unsalted Butter - For extra creaminess.
- Irish Cream - For extra flavor that's extra special!
- (Optional) Cocoa Powder - For coating the truffles.
Get the full recipe for these Irish Cream Chocolate Truffles - and see just how simple they are to make - below.Print