Chocolate cupcakes are transformed into sophisticated, decadent treats when topped with an indulgent Irish chocolate frosting made with creamy milk chocolate chips and Irish whiskey! Irish chocolate frosting is a crowd-pleaser that's perfect for your St. Patrick's Day desserts - or for topping cakes and cupcakes any day of the year.
Cupcakes are a favorite childhood treat of mine, but that doesn't mean they have to be a childish dessert. How do you adult-ify your cupcakes? Lose the sprinkles and frost them with a rich and chocolatey frosting made with Irish whiskey!Print
Irish chocolate frosting made with creamy milk chocolate chips and Irish whiskey is perfect for your St. Patrick's Day desserts - or for topping cakes and cupcakes any day of the year.
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 T Irish whiskey
- 1 1/2 tsp. instant coffee
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a cup, combine whiskey and instant coffee and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment (or in a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer), beat butter until smooth. Add confectioner’s sugar and salt and beat until well combined.
- Add whiskey mixture and melted chocolate to sugar mixture and beat until frosting is light and fluffy.
Keywords: Irish chocolate frosting, chocolate frosting, milk chocolate frosting, Irish whiskey, St. Patrick's Day dessert
DON'T FORGET TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!