Salted brookie bars combine fudgy chocolate brownies and chewy chocolate chip cookies for a crowd-pleasing homemade dessert that's salty, sweet, and SUPER chocolatey!
When it comes to recipes that put a fun twist on a classic dessert, nothing can top brookies! The combination of two of the most loved desserts - brownies and chocolate chip cookies - makes for one epic sweet treat!
What is a Brookie?
A brookie is a dessert that combines both a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie. Brookies are commonly baked in either cookie or bar form.
The perfect brookie bar recipe begins with outstanding recipes for brownies and chocolate chip cookies. My recipes for fudgy chocolate brownies and chewy chocolate chip cookies pair beautifully to create brookie bars that are rich, chocolatey, soft/chewy, and irresistible!
How to Make Brookie Bars from Scratch
These beautifully marbled bars are actually quite simple to make. Follow these easy steps for chewy, chocolatey brookie bars.
- Line a metal baking pan with parchment paper (check out my tutorial for how to easily line pans with parchment paper!)
- Make the chocolate chip cookie dough. Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Beat butter and sugar, then add vanilla and an egg. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Make the brownie batter. Melt butter and chocolate, whisking until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla, and eggs, whisking until combined. Fold flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and salt into the batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the brownie batter and cookie dough into the prepared pan and use a spatula or butter knife to swirl them together.
- A sprinkling of sea salt before baking adds a delicious contrast to the sweetness of the chocolate.
This recipe makes one 8x8 pan, but you can easily double the recipe if baking for a crowd and bake it in a 9x13 pan! Just keep a close eye on the bars as they bake and note that they may need an extra 5 to 10 minutes of baking time in the larger pan.
Bring these salted brookie bars to a party and there won't be a single crumb leftover!
More Chocolatey Bar Recipes
Love this recipe? Please leave a star rating and review on the recipe below! And don't forget to subscribe to Always Eat Dessert for even more simple recipes, baking tips, and inspiration.Print