Make perfect, soft chocolate chip cookies fast with this no chill chocolate chip cookie recipe! For when you need delicious, homemade chocolate chip cookies, like, NOW. The first batch will be ready in just about 30 minutes!
It's no secret that I love to bake from scratch, but what you may not know is that scratch baking doesn't have to take a ton of time or effort. Sometimes we all just want a quick and easy cookie recipe. And sometimes a cookie craving hits and we need a warm, fresh cookie RIGHT NOW. That's where this quick and easy no chill chocolate chip cookie recipe comes in!
Quick & Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies from Scratch
These chocolate chip cookies could not be more simple to make. They come together in just two bowls with a whisk and a spoon (no stand mixer required). They're made with melted butter, so we don't have to wait for the butter to come to room temperature before baking. And, as the name indicates, there's no need to chill the dough before baking. You'll be pulling the first tray of cookies out of the oven about 30 minutes after you begin baking!
And, even though they're incredibly easy to make, no chill chocolate chip cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! With two kinds of chocolate chips, a mix of brown and white sugars, and a full Tablespoon of vanilla extract, we're not skimping on flavor here. And did I mention that these cookies are seriously soft?! Alex took one bite and said these are the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. And then he proceeded to eat several more (but who's counting?!).
Bookmark this recipe for the next time a cookie craving hits! You can thank me later.
P.S. If you're not in a rush and don't mind chilling your cookie dough - and you're looking for thick chocolate chip cookies with perfectly rich flavor, slightly crispy edges, and soft centers - check out my all-time favorite chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe!
More Quick & Easy Dessert Recipes to Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a star rating and review on the recipe below! And don't forget to subscribe to Always Eat Dessert for even more simple recipes, baking tips, and inspiration.
No Chill Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt plus more for sprinkling on cookies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, both sugars, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add eggs and whisk well until the mixture is glossy and a bit lighter in color, about 1 minute. Let the mixture stand for about 5 minutes while you prepare the next ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt and whisk to combine.
- Give the sugar mixture a quick whisk and then add the flour mixture. Use a wooden spoon or a spatula to gently stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture. Stir just until mixed.
- Add both chocolate chips and stir just until blended.
- Scoop 1 ½ Tablespoon balls of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over each ball of dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. The cookies will still appear pale and puffy when you remove the tray from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.